For Patient who have out of network benefits covering Occupational Therapy:
- It is the responsibility of the patient to call the insurance company and retrieve all pertinent information.
- It is the responsibility of the patient to make sure all the necessary steps are taken to process insurance claims.
- Payment for therapy is due at the time of each visit. (The Body’s Wisdom accepts cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, and HSA Cards)
Helpful Hints when calling your insurance company:
Find out if you have “out of network” Occupational therapy benefits, if yes then:
*** Remember when the insurance company reimburses you, it will be minus your percent (i.e.:20%) of their reasonable and customary charge and after your deductible has been met. ***
- Request the necessary claim forms to submit with your super bills, which will serve as your proof of payment.
- Find out if you should fax or mail your claim. If you mail it, it is a good idea to keep a photocopy for your records.
- Find out if you need a doctor’s prescription/referral.
- Find out if you have a deductible; ask if it is per person or per family.
- Find out what the percent of coverage for out of network benefits is (i.e. 80%/20%)